Iím on the pill so we donít need condoms.
Click here to reveal the reality
Planned Parenthood® we understand that it takes more than medicine to make a health baby. That's why we offer high-quality, affordable prenatal care. We want to make your pregnancy and delivery special by providing professional and personalized prenatal care.
Our nurse practitioners work in conjunction with an OB/GYN physician to ensure that you and your baby get the best care possible. All prenatal visits will take place at our Newtown (Virginia Beach) and Hampton Health Centers.
Our prenatal program includes:
- An initial visit where a full prenatal lab profile is done
- Follow-up visits each month for the first 7 months
- Visits every 2 weeks during the 8th month
- Visits weekly until the delivery of your baby
- An ultrasound, performed to document the normal development of your baby, usually between the 18th and 20th week of pregnancy
- Additional or repeat studies performed as needed
As part of our program, you will be transferred to our partner OB/GYN office for the last 4 weeks of your pregnancy. An OB/GYN from this office will also perform your delivery. A postpartum exam 6 weeks after your delivery will complete your prenatal program. Following the birth of your new baby, we hope you continue with Planned Parenthood for your future reproductive health care!
Read more about prenatal care.